The mission of the North American Tang Shou Tao Association Cooperative (NATSTA) is the preservation, research, and dissemination of the traditional Chinese martial and medical arts. The traditional Chinese internal martial arts that NATSTA focuses on include xingyiquan, baguazhang, taijiquan, and liuhebafa (water boxing). Traditional Chinese Medicine practiced and researched by NATSTA includes all aspects of tuina, acupuncture, herbal medicine, qigong, and dietary medicine. NATSTA’s focus on research, preservation, and dissemination of these arts ensures their viability for future generations. The North American Tang Shou Tao Association Cooperative is a fully-recognized 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization in accordance with Arizona State and IRS guidelines.
NATSTA celebrates and embraces the rich, complex history and the intrinsic value of the Chinese internal martial and medical arts. We aspire to respectfully preserve these arts in their purest context by honoring the founders and inheritors of the appropriate lineage through research and historical documentation. We are also committed to training the arts (both martial and medical) by adhering to the unique expression of their spirit, application, and intent. To this end, our vision is simple: to build a viable community of individuals dedicated to the research, practice, preservation, and dissemination of the traditional Chinese internal arts, both martial and medical. We insist on excellence in instruction of these arts so that they do not become diluted from one generation of practitioners to the next. In order to accomplish these goals, NATSTA continues to:
- Preserve the purity of each system of Chinese internal martial arts in the lineages that we proudly represent. Through the preservation of each system we remember our benefactors, keep the definitions of the lineages and practices clear for the historical record and for posterity, and to prevent the blending of one art into another as so often happens as time passes.
- Develop qualified instructors to provide the highest level of competence in the practice, understanding, and teaching of the traditional Chinese internal martial arts of xingyiquan, baguazhang, taijiquan, and liuhebafa.
- Develop qualified practitioners to provide the highest level of competence in the practice, understanding, and teaching of the traditional Chinese medical arts including acupuncture, herbal medicine, qigong, and tuina.
- Attract highly qualified students dedicated to the study and advancement of these arts.
- Foster and disseminate the value of both martial and medical arts through an international network of NATSTA schools.
- Provide opportunities, such as conferences, for students and instructors to meet, exchange information, train together, and expand the community of dedicated practitioners.
- Continue to research these arts via trips to China, interviews with knowledgeable individuals, and historical documentation to ensure the preservation of their lineage for future generations.
- Continue to cultivate our lineage connections and deepen our understanding and expression of our martial and medicinal arts by inviting teachers from China to visit the US and work with NATSTA members across the country.
Donate to NATSTA
Make a donation to support NATSTA activities and projects. NATSTA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered in the State of Arizona, USA. All donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by law.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Because most funding institutions and foundations only give project-restricted contributions, YOUR support is essential for NATSTA to maintain and expand its membership services, public programs and education projects.
THREE WAYS you can make a tax-deductible donation:
1) Send your check
Mail a check made-out to “NATSTA” [US-Dollars only] to the address below. Include a note with your name, the word “donation,” and provide your email address so that we can acknowledge receipt and thank you!
2) Donate online via Your Paypal Account
Click the “donate button” [below] and you will automatically be redirected to NATSTA’s account page at Paypal.com. At top of page, type-in the “amount” of your donation and then click on “Update Total.” Then, on this same page, login to your Paypal Account.
3) Donate online with any major credit card
Click the “donate button” [below] and you will automatically be redirected to NATSTA’s account page at Paypal.com.
~ At top of page, type-in the “amount” of your donation and then click on “Update Total.”
~ Then, scroll-down to the bottom left where it says…
“Don’t have a PayPal account?
Use your credit card or bank account (where available)” + click “Continue”
~ Enter your credit card info on every line or it will not work! (except “optional” lines).
~ Enter your EMAIL ADDRESS so Paypal can send you a receipt.
~ Click “Review Donation & Continue” [follow instructions]
~ Within a matter of minutes, you will receive an email receipt from Paypal and so will NATSTA.
NATSTA *never* gives its membership database information to other non-profit organizations or sells it for commercial purposes.
PO Box 36235
Tucson, AZ 85740